Monday 24 January 2011

Prelim Script 2nd Draft

(Manager is seated, anxious as he fiddles with a pen on the table..)

Player: (on the phone) alright I’ll see you later.
(To manager) how’s it going gaffer?

Manager: I was hoping I’d run into you actually, can I see you for a minute?

(Player walks in and sits)

Player: yeah sure what’s up?

Manager: Well I’m in a bit of a situation. I owe some people money and there is only one way I can think of getting the money back.  

Player: And that is… (Sceptical)

Manager: I need you and the boys to fix the game

Player: (Amazed) But that can jeopardise my career

Manager: (Leans foward) I know I'm asking for alot here. You won’t come out of this deal empty handed. I guarantee it.

(Player, contemplating)

Manager: I’ve got contacts in Spain. Real Madrid. They need another centre midfielder.

(Slides and pen a contract to him)

Player: £90,000 a week?

Manager: I take that as a yes then.
(Both stand up and shake hands.)


This was the script that we deployed in our sequence. We decided with this script rather than the other one because the topic was simple and easy to install in our sequence. Its intentions were clear and easy to understand for the audience and the actors as well, due to the use of stage directions. It outlined what exact emotion the actor would deliver his/her lines in; this was lacked in the first draft of our script. We used our first draft as bases of the structure of our script, this was very helpful because it enabled us to build on what we had already created, though a lot of what was said in our first draft was taken out and/or changed, it provided us with an excellent starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment